Vitiligo -Is a Disorder of the Skin
Vitiligo is a disorder of the skin wherein blotches are formed on the skin due to loss of skin color or pigmentation. The loss of pigmentation may not always be limited to the skin. Vitiligo can also affect hair (the hair turns white), the insides of the mouth, inner ears and even the eye (causing partial loss of color in the eye). Vitiligo can affect anyone irrespective of gender and ethnicity or even age. However, more cases of vitiligo have been witnessed in women of darker skin tones. Vitiligo as a disease may not seem to be dangerous, but it exposes the affected areas to a vast number of skin diseases and disorders including skin Cancer and should be taken seriously by Skin Whitening Clinic in Delhi. Not only that vitiligo on visible areas of the skin often leads to social ostracization and can lead to subsequent depression.
Vitiligo is categorized into three types:
- Generalized Vitiligo – the discolored patches often progress similarly on corresponding body parts (symmetrically)
- Segmental Vitiligo – tends to occur at a younger age, progress for a year or two then stops.
- Localized Vitiligo – affects one or only a few areas of your body.
Symptoms of Vitiligo include:
- loss of pigmentation of the skin.
- loss of hair color either completely or in patches.
- loss of color in the inner ears.
- loss of eye color.
- hyperpigmentation at the edges of the discolored patches on the skin.
- in some cases, the patches may be itchy and painful.
Treatment of Vitiligo consist of steroids- this treatment may improve the appearance of the skin but does not cure the disease.
Self care-covermark topical Dermablend tropical, Sunscreen, and ultraviolet light therapy. Photodynamic therapy-it involves light and a photosensitizing chemical substance.
Dr. Vidushi Jain – Skin Treatment Specialist
Dr. Vidushi Jain is one of the renowned and salutary dermatologists in Ghaziabad. Her diagnosis is perfect. She gives her quality time to each and every patient. Her advanced technology and laser machines are very operative in Vitiligo. Her treatment involves photodynamic therapy. And laser surgical treatment in case of localized, generalized and segmental Vitiligo.
To take Skin Treatment Consulting by Dr. Vidushi Jain ( Professionally Dermatologist ) Contact US at – 085275 00106.